The second saddest moment in M*A*S*H
to those people who say history isnt cool
the biggest snowball fight in history occurred during the civil war and started out as a friendly brawl between texan and arkansan members of the army of northern virginia and then escalated to include over 9,000 soldiers
if u think that isnt the coolest shit u can fight me
And I’m pretty sure the Texans won…
1. People die.
2. You can not always prevent number one.
3. You aren’t required to know everything.
4. You are required to know the foundational knowledge and skills of your job. NO EXCEPTIONS!
5. Blue is bad.
6. Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any variation of this is bad.
7. If you drop the baby, pick it up!
8. Remember when dealing with patients, families, and supervisors; if it felt good saying it, it was the wrong thing to say.
9. All bleeding stops….Eventually…
10. Generally, its a BAD thing to use the terms “That’s not good” or “oh shit” in refrence to the patients condition.
11. It’s okay to pet the dog, even with gloves on.
12. All patients have a full stomach.
13. A patients wieght is directly proportional to the probablitly that the elevator does not work.
14.If you respond to a car accident after midnight and do not find someone drunk, keep looking, you are missing a patient.
15. The dead seldom get better, on the other hand, they never get worse!
16. An unconsciouse patient is a co-operative patient.
17. Most of your patients will be healthier then you are.
18. If during your transport, your driver yells don’t look out the front window… or the back, abide by this.
19. If its stupid but it works, its not stupid.
20. Training is learning the rules: experience is learning the exceptions.
21. Dispatchers will never miss their lunch breaks… they can also ensure you get yours.
22. Patients who fall or get injured outside will always move inside to the top floor bedroom before calling 911 because they can no longer walk.
23.To figure out the true amount of drinks a drunk has had, take the number they say and multiply it by 2 and add 3.
24. In apartments your patient will always be at the last room at the end of the hall on the left.
25.Common sense… is NOT common.
26. Think of your shift as a game. Survivor, the 12 hour version.
27. There are only 3 kinds of patients; 1) Ill, 2) Injured 3) Ignorant… 3 usually leads to 1 or 2.
28. Standard responses from nursing home staff include: it’s not my patient, I just got here, I was on vacation, they are new here, It’s not my floor, I think so, I am only here 1 day a week, I didn’t ask for the fire department, I don’t see it on their chart.
29. Don’t ever lie to your patient. If something is awkward to say, learn to say it without lying.
30. Proper use of a BVM is hard and takes practice.
31. OPAs and NPAs make using a BVM less hard.
32. Carry your weight.
33. Carry the patient.
34. If the FD or PD does #33 for you, make sure you thank them!
35. Have someone to talk to when the world crashes down.
36. Let human tragedy enhance your appreciation for all that you have.
It doesn’t have to be .223 #AR15 #Frozen #guns #Ammo #Murica
Sometimes, us men can be amazing/stupid.
The kid isn’t even out yet and the guy is making dad jokes, A+.
paramedics deserve 1) a lot of money 2) really nice houses 3) pets of their choosing paid for by the government in order to cope w/ stress
Can we actually make this a thing?
Page 1 of 101